Our expert team can design, develop, and maintain stunning web applications with great user experience, get in touch to have your app done the quickest way possible.
We design, develop, and maintain highly-usable & successful web applications to achieve greater success online, specializing in Ruby on Rails, AJAX, Web 2.0, REST/Web Services, CSS 3, HTML 5 , jQuery, Scriptaculos and Agile Development methodoligies.
Ruby On Rails
Rails is a web development framework written in the Ruby language. It is designed to make programming web applications easier by making several assumptions about what every developer needs to get started. It allows you to write less code while accomplishing more than many other languages and frameworks. Longtime Rails developers also report that it makes web application development more fun.
Rails is opinionated software. That is, it assumes that there is a best way to do things, and it's designed to encourage that best way - and in some cases to discourage alternatives. It increases the developer productivity many folds.
The Rails philosophy includes several guiding principles:
- DRY - "Don't Repeat Yourself" - suggests that writing the same code over and over again is a bad thing.
- Convention Over Configuration - means that Rails makes assumptions about what you want to do and how you're going to do it, rather than letting you tweak every little thing through endless configuration files.
- REST is the best pattern for web applications - organizing your application around resources and standard HTTP verbs is the fastest way to go.
The MVC Architecture
Rails is organized around the Model, View, Controller architecture, usually just called MVC. MVC benefits include:
- Isolation of business logic from the user interface
- Ease of keeping code DRY
- Making it clear where different types of code belong for easier maintenance